“Ma’am, you are going the Wrong. Way. Down. This. Aisle!” The sales clerk fussed at me. In my defense, when I started going down the aisle, I was going in the right direction but began to back up because I was looking for my husband’s favorite ice-cream. It was his Birthday and I just wanted to find something to make it special during this COVID-19 craziness. Going through the grocery store, I felt my mood steadily drop. To me it looked as though people were zombies walking robotically. They were expressionless, since masks were covering every face. It was too quiet. There was hardly any talking and there were no smiles to be seen. I felt like crying. I reminded myself, “This too shall pass.”
This experience prompted me to go back to my High Intensity Interval Training video from awhile back. It was strategically planned as a mood lifter so I wanted to share it with you now. Do you need a mood lifter? I sure do!
Click on my Cardio Strength Blast! Video below.
Follow these directions for Cardio Strength Blast! Mood Lifter:
1. Warm up by practicing through the entire video using *simple adjustments as needed.
2. Have a timer nearby for the rest of the workout. Pause the video after each move to complete the time requirement listed on the video.
3. After the warm up, complete the workout all the way through (using the time requirements) 2-3 times.
1. Change Jumping Jacks to marches in place, marches forward and back and marches side to side.
2. Change Plank Touches to a Standard Plank and hold it as long as you are able (start out with 10 seconds and work up to 30 seconds)
3. Do the Core Twist at a slow pace.
4. Use water bottles or canned goods in place of hand held weights.
Let me know how you feel! It’s a mood booster!